Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Buckeye Cake Topper

Soooooo.
Not that I really have a tutorial for this DIY, I just wanted to show off my newest creation.
I was nervous about making this because I have never ever worked with clay before.  I have one of those habits where everything has to be perfect. And, I think these guys come pretty close to being perfect. Especially for me.
I can't wait to display them on our wedding cake! Such a great added touch.

So, without further ado, I give you Mr and Mrs Buckeye!!


He's got his own top hat, complete with a block O, and a super cute little flower on his tux.
She's got a brooch bouquet (mimicking mine with the pops of red and red holder) as well as a veil and a little bling in the back!

Here's some close ups of the Mr.





And, of course, some shots of the Mrs.





I am working on the base for them right now. Not sure if I want to add bling to the base or not. And, if I do, should it be red or white? So many decisions!

I didn't get them right the first time, by the way.  I THOUGHT I had, but when I went to bake them in the oven, I had a little mishap with the Mr. He was too heavy, and fell backwards. I was able to salvage his head, but I had to remake all of the rest of him.
I did snap a few pics of his poor leaning body. Tears were ALMOST shed. But, I held back and just kept going...


I am so so so so so happy with how they turned out! So proud of myself for doing this, and not crying over it. And getting it right on the second try.
And, (giving myself a pat on the back for this)-- I saved over $100 by making this myself!
WOOT!


Here's a few more Mr and Mrs pics...
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment